Pages

Friday, May 4, 2012

upcoming...

I've kind of not had a lot of opportunity for posting here, as we've had a long, frustrating week with no opportunities for messy family fun, but...

This weekend, I think we're going to do something crafty but flat (fingerpaints, maybe? I haven't decided) that can be mailed on Monday to various grandmothers in honor of Mother's Day on the 13th.

And then next weekend, the Girl-child is running in a 5K, but I also would really like to do some papier-mache with the kids. The boys have been creating suits of armor out of cardboard; I'm thinking papier-mache helmets would be really awesome to go with that.  And Girl-child can make a Mardi Gras-type mask, or something. We can stop to pick up various supplies when we're out for the 5K, and this recipe for papier-mache paste looks really simple.

A few other things I'd like to try: tie-dye, solar photography, maybe even homemade paper. I keep my eyes open for kits at places like Big Lots and Wal-Mart and Barnes and Noble. I also have a craft book (or two or three) that I can cruise for ideas. So, we'll see how things go!

Hope you're having a happy, messy time!

No comments:

Post a Comment